DAVIS MEMORIAL AND RAILED ENCLOSURE APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053366
Date first listed:
15-May-1989
Statutory Address:
DAVIS MEMORIAL AND RAILED ENCLOSURE APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of DAVIS MEMORIAL AND RAILED ENCLOSURE APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053366 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 15:26:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
DAVIS MEMORIAL AND RAILED ENCLOSURE APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Chastleton
National Grid Reference:
SP 24880 29063

Details

CHASTLETON SP2429-2529 11/18 Davis memorial and railed enclosure approx. 7m S of chancel of Church of St. Mary

GV II

Chest tomb and railed enclosure. Circa 1800. Limestone. Rectangular with moulded plinth and capping; square corner balusters. Inscription panel on north largely illegible at time of resurvey (July 1987) but south commemorates the children of William and Sarah Davis, Thomas and Mary (d.1799 and 1801 respectively). Set in cast-iron square enclosure with spear-shaped railings and urn-shaped standards on low stone plinth. [2459]

Listing NGR: SP2488029063

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253907
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/14970/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr J. B. Moseley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].