YEATMAN MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053403
Date first listed:
30-Mar-1989
Statutory Address:
YEATMAN MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN, POUND LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of YEATMAN MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053403 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 09:56:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
YEATMAN MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN, POUND LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Clanfield
National Grid Reference:
SP2836302158

Details

CLANFIELD POUND LANE SP2802-2902 (North side) 7/44 Yeatman memorial approx. 6m E of NE corner of chancel chapel of Church of St. Stephen

GV II

Chest tomb. Circa 1793. Limestone. Rectangular with moulded plinth and capping. Paired plain oval inscription panels to north and south sides with recessed corner balusters, those to north with crossed torches between, commemorating Christopher Yeatman (d.1793) and his wife, Margaret (d.1763). [2342]

Listing NGR: SP2836302158

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253792
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11874/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Lawrence Gibbens. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].