BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH WEST OF BRADSHAWS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053409
Date first listed:
12-Sep-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Mar-1989
Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH WEST OF BRADSHAWS FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH WEST OF BRADSHAWS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053409 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 15:12:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH WEST OF BRADSHAWS FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Kelmscott
National Grid Reference:
SU 24549 99335

Details

KELMSCOTT Barn approx. 10m NW of SU2499-2599 10/59 Bradshaws Farmhouse 12.9.55 (Formerly listed as part of Bradshaws Farmhouse and 3 barns) GV II

Barn. Dated 1750 with minor later alterations. Roughly coursed limestone rubble with alternating angle quoins; stone slate roof with coped verges. Central gabled cart entrance to south with opposing entrance to rear has 9 tiers of pigeon nesting holes and ledges and datestone "17850/EM" over wood lintel. Round-headed narrow rectangular air vents. Interior. Not inspected at time of resurvey (May 1987) but likely to be of interest. [2354]

Listing NGR: SU2454999335

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253811
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10695/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ben White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].