MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1053432

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, MANOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053432 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:40:07.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, MANOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Minster Lovell

National Grid Reference: SP 32399 11409

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MINSTER LOVELL MANOR ROAD SP3211 (South side) 19/110 Manor Farmhouse 12/09/55 GV II*

Farmhouse, probably incorporating part of former chapel, now house. C12 origins, incorporates some C15 elements, probably from the Manor House, later alterations. Stone coursed rubble; concrete tile roof; stone end stacks, that to left with brick flue. 2 storeys and attic; 4-bay range. Wide C15 ribbed door to left of centre with open stone porch having hipped stone slate roof. Irregular fenestration of casements to right. 12-pane horned sashes to projecting bay at left. Two C20 gabled full dormers to roof. Rear: blocked round archway to ground floor left. Interior: C20 staircase from ground floor to attic. C15 four-centre-arched stone fireplace surround with quatrefoils to spandrels to dining room at ground floor left. 4 centre-arched stone fireplace surround to sitting room at ground floor left. History: probably former chapel of St. Cecilia, formed part of the Minster Lovell Manor complex. The manor was owned by the Lovell family from C12 to 1485. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire: 1979, p70; "Minster Lovell Hall", A.J. Taylor, HBMCE, 1985)

Listing NGR: SP3239111421

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253668

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 70
Taylor, A J, Minster Lovell Hall, (1985)

End of official listing