This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN,STABLE AND OUTBUILDING APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN,STABLE AND OUTBUILDING APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1053433

Location

BARN,STABLE AND OUTBUILDING APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, MANOR ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Minster Lovell

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Aug-1989

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 253670

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MINSTER LOVELL MANOR ROAD SP3211 (South side) 19/112 Barn, stable and outbuilding 12/09/55 approx. 25m NE of Manor Farmhouse (Formerly listed as Barns at Manor Farm) GV II Barn. C15. Coursed stone rubble; stone slate roof. 3-bay barn. Double doors to centre, and opposing doors to rear. Trenched purlin roof with 2 rows of purlins. Sable to right. Probably C16, with later alterations. Coursed stone rubble; stone slate roof. Single storey and attic; 3-bay range. Stable door to centre with wood lintel. 2-light casements to left and right. C20 sloping roof lights. Interior: C20 staircase. Feeding rack to left. Trenched purlin roof. Outbuilding to left. Probably C19. Coursed stone rubble; plain-tile roof. Single storey, 4-bay range. Regular fenestration. History: forms part of the manorial farm adjacent to the manor house. The manor was owned by the Lovell Family from C12 to 1485. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire: 1979, p709; "Minster Lovell Hall", A.J. Taylor, MBMCE, 1985)

Listing NGR: SP3243811436

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 709
Taylor, A J, Minster Lovell Hall, (1985)

National Grid Reference: SP 32435 11437

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053433 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Nov-2017 at 05:59:07.

End of official listing