104, BRIZE NORTON ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053465
Date first listed:
21-Aug-1989
Statutory Address:
104, BRIZE NORTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 104, BRIZE NORTON ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053465 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 04:20:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
104, BRIZE NORTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Minster Lovell
National Grid Reference:
SP 31198 10223

Details

MINSTER LOVELL BRIZE NORTON ROAD SF3110 (West side) Charterville 20/85 No.104 GV II

Chartist bungalow. Circa 1847. Rendered stone rubble; hipped slate roof; rendered stone end stacks and central stack to rear. Single-storey, 3-bay range. Central bay projects forward. C20 part-glazed door to centre. C20 single-light casements to left and right of centre. C20 two-light casements to left and right. Cross-gable to centre bay with double-quatrefoil ventilation stone. Interior not inspected. History: Charterville was the third of five estates established by the National Land Company. Company formed by Feargus O'Connor in 1845 to enable people from factory towns to live on small holdings and qualify for a vote. The Lane Company ran into difficulties and was dissolved in July 1851. (Working-Class Housing in Oxfordshire, by Crispin Paine, et.al in "0xoniensia" vol 43, 1978, pp20b-212; Charterville and the Chartist Lane Company, by Kate Tiller in "0xoniensia" vol 50, 1985, pp251-266)

Listing NGR: SP3119810223

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253642
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Oxoniensia' in Oxoniensia, , Vol. 43, (1978), 206-212
'Oxoniensia' in Oxoniensia, , Vol. 50, (1985), 251-66

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10589/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Tresise. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].