GREYSTONES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1053520

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Statutory Address: GREYSTONES, 37, LAWTON AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREYSTONES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053520 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 07:15:57.

Location

Statutory Address: GREYSTONES, 37, LAWTON AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Carterton

National Grid Reference: SP 27653 06885

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP20NE CARTERTON AND BLACK BOURTON LAWTON AVENUE (North-west side) Carterton 2/161 No. 37 (Greystones) 12/09/73

GV II Former barn, converted to house 1922. Late C18-early C19 in origin, altered 1923 and 1976. Coursed rubble limestone with stone slate roof and 2 C20 rubble stone chimneys. Now 2 storeys. 5 bays, formerly with central opposing cart entries, the east entry in hipped projection. Both entries retain wooden lintels, and east entry retains traces of original jambs. Blocked vent slits. Irregular C20 casements, most with metal glazing bars, some replaced in hardwood 1970s. Concrete lintels. East cart entry now contains 8-panel door of c.1922; another C20 door with hipped C20 porch to centre of west side. French doors of c.1976 in south gable end. interior retains original double purlin roof. Barn bordered west side of former farmyard of Rock Farm, established after Enclosure Act of 1770, the farmhouse now known as No.45 (Manor Guest House), Lawton Avenue, (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SP2765306885

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253472

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing