This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR GUEST HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR GUEST HOUSE

List entry Number: 1053521

Location

MANOR GUEST HOUSE, 45, LAWTON AVENUE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Carterton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 04-May-1989

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 253474

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP20NE CARTERTON AND BLACK BOURTON LAWTON AVENUE (North-west side) Carterton 2/163 No.45 (Manor Guest House) 12/09/73 (Formerly listed as No.45 (Rock Farm House))

GV II Former farmhouse, now guest house. Late C18-early C19, much refurbished C20. Coursed rubble limestone with stone slate roofs and flanking rubble stone chimneys. Double depth plan. 2 storeys and attic, 3 bays. C20 wooden cross casements to outer bays, narrower C20 window with top-light to first floor centre, all windows with flat stone arches and triple keyblocks. 3 gabled eaves-line dormers with C20 2-light wooden casements. Centre bay has 6-panelled door with rectangular fanlight, flat stone arch and keyblock, and C20 gabled wooden hood on brackets. Rear windows, all C20, retain similar arches. C20 extension projects to rear centre. Interior is said to retain large original fireplace in front room. Formerly the farmhouse for Rock Farm, established after the Enclosure Act of 1770.

Listing NGR: SP2767506916

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP2767506916

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053521 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 01:48:27.

End of official listing