CHEST TOMB TO JOHN BUSBY, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST MARY'S, CIRCA 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH TRANSEPT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053560
Date first listed:
04-May-1989
Statutory Address:
CHEST TOMB TO JOHN BUSBY, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST MARY'S, CIRCA 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH TRANSEPT, CHURCH CLOSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHEST TOMB TO JOHN BUSBY, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST MARY'S, CIRCA 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH TRANSEPT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053560 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 09:19:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHEST TOMB TO JOHN BUSBY, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST MARY'S, CIRCA 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH TRANSEPT, CHURCH CLOSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Bampton
National Grid Reference:
SP 31292 03304

Details

SP3003-3103 BAMPTON CHURCH CLOSE (South-west side) 13/58 Chest tomb to John Busby, in churchyard of St. Mary's, c.25m SE of S transept

GV II Tomb chest. Inscriptions to John Busby 1800, William Pryor 1862 and Elizabeth Pryor 1851. Limestone ashlar. Moulded base and top; oval inscription panels. North and south panels have flanking pilasters. Inscription to John Busby has carved foliage sprays in spandrels, and carved foliage drops to pilasters.

Listing NGR: SP3129203304

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253368
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/01450/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].