PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS TO KIRBY AND GODWIN FAMILIES, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST PETER 7 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053585
Date first listed:
04-May-1989
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS TO KIRBY AND GODWIN FAMILIES, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST PETER 7 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL, MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS TO KIRBY AND GODWIN FAMILIES, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST PETER 7 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053585 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 03:42:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS TO KIRBY AND GODWIN FAMILIES, IN CHURCHYARD OF ST PETER 7 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Alvescot
National Grid Reference:
SP 27397 04589

Details

SP2604-2704 ALVESCOT MILL LANE 9/16 (East side) Pair of chest tombs to Kirby and Godwin families, in churchyard of St. Peter 7m to S of chancel

GV II Pair of chest tombs: one to James and M........ Kirby, 1793 and 1782, the other to Elizabeth Godwin, 1818, husband John, 1801(?) and son John, 1810. Both chests are of limestone and have moulded bases, coved and moulded cornice lids, and moulded tops. Moulded inscription panels flanked by fluted pilasters.

Listing NGR: SP2739704589

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253326
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Dec 2002
Reference: IOE01/09532/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Malcolm Osman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].