MEESON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1053697

Date first listed: 26-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: MEESON HALL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEESON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053697 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 06:20:09.

Location

Statutory Address: MEESON HALL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Albrighton

National Grid Reference: SJ 81814 04028

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 80 SW, ALBRIGHTON C.P., HIGH STREET (north side), 6/36

Meeson Hall

II

Shown on O.S. map as Meeson House. House. Mid to late C18. Pebble-dash rendered facade with concrete parapet on sandstone and brick plinth masking three red brick gables behind (two to right, one to left, formerly separate houses?), plain tiled roofs. Three storeys; front of four bays, entrance in lower extension to north-east with 6-panel door, early C19 pilastered portico, semi-circular fanlight and open pediment, windows all C18 glazing bar sashes with frames flush to wall surface, reduced proportions to top floor (including two 'dummy' windows to left and one to right); brick end stacks to gables. Interior has an open string staircase of c.1750-60, three flights with bow on first landing, turned wooden balusters of vase shape; C18 ventilated wooden cupboards with slatted vents on each floor, oak panelling in right-hand front room; sandstone-walled cellar perhaps suggestive of an earlier house on the site. Rainwater head to lead downpipe on facade with inscription R/R E/ 1733; C18 semi-circular railed enclosure with urn finials in front of house.

Listing NGR: SJ8181404028

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 255116

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing