Church of St Andrew

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054124
Date first listed:
18-Jun-1959
Statutory Address:
Church of St Andrew, Church Aston

Map

Ordnance survey map of Church of St Andrew
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054124 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 19:07:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
Church of St Andrew, Church Aston

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Church Aston
National Grid Reference:
SJ 74330 17854

Details

SJ 71 NW 24/62

CHURCH ASTON Church of St Andrew

18.06.59

II 1867 by G.E Street. Sandstone church with tiled roofs. Early English style details. Nave and chancel in one. The nave windows and the east window of the chancel have three-light geometric traceried windows. The chancel south windows are of two-lights. Polygonal lead fleche over the nave with goblets and finials. North aisle has lancets. Four bay north arcade with circular piers, moulded circular capitals and chamfered arches. Arch-braced nave roof. South window has stained glass by Morris and Co of 1901. Some C18 gravestones in the churchyard.

Listing NGR: SJ7433017854

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
361918
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/02417/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Veronica Caperon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].