BENTLEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE NORTH EAST OF NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054206
Date first listed:
02-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
BENTLEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE NORTH EAST OF NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, WOOLSTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BENTLEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE NORTH EAST OF NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054206 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 05:29:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
BENTLEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE NORTH EAST OF NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, WOOLSTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
West Felton
National Grid Reference:
SJ 34116 25242

Details

WEST FELTON C.P. WOOLSTON ROAD (north side) SJ 32 NW 7/92 Bentley memorial approx. lm north-east of north aisle of Church of St. Michael GV II Chest tomb. Circa 1816. Limestone. Rectangular with inwardly sloping short sides. Moulded plinth and capping resting on ball supports; chamfered top ledger has urn with leaf decoration to bowl and rosette emblems to rim, surmounted by flaming torch finial. Fishscale patterning to long sides. Raised oval inscription panel on north commemorates Peter Bentley (died 1816) and one on south his wife, Frances (died 1800).

Listing NGR: SJ3411625242

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
255805
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01589/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Myk Briggs. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].