EBNAL HALL AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054221
Date first listed:
02-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
EBNAL HALL AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS

Map

Ordnance survey map of EBNAL HALL AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054221 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 02:58:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
EBNAL HALL AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Selattyn and Gobowen
National Grid Reference:
SJ 31349 34609

Details

SELATTYN AND GOBOWEN C.P. EBNAL SJ 33 SW 5/29 Ebnal Hall and attached garden walls II Farmhouse. Circa 1700 with later additions and alterations. Red brick on chamfered rubblestone plinth with rusticated stone angle quoins; hipped graded slate roof. 2 storeys and attic with stone floor bands and moulded eaves cornice. 7-window front, early C20 cross windows in C18 openings with gauged heads, centre and upper right now blocked, although former retains gauged head. 3 early C20 gabled eaves dormers. Central entrance has plain panelled door. Axial red brick ridge stacks with twin recessed panels to left and right, latter rebuilt early C20 a little in front of ridge. 2 prominent early C20 gables to rear. Garden walls: Mid-C18. Red brick (mixed bond) with moulded stone coping, replaced by concrete to long sides, ramped down at corners to front. Form rectangular enclosure approximately 60m x 20m attached to front of house. Interior of house: was badly damaged by fire in 1907.

Listing NGR: SJ3134934609

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
255742
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01909/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Garton - Jones. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].