BARN AT NGR SJ 2733 3233

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054223
Date first listed:
17-Jul-1986
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
BARN AT NGR SJ 2733 3233

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AT NGR SJ 2733 3233
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054223.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2019 at 00:11:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN AT NGR SJ 2733 3233

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Selattyn and Gobowen
National Grid Reference:
SJ2733232335

Details

SJ 23 SE SJ 2733 3233 4/31 17.7.86

SELATTYN AND GOBOWEN C.P. FRON Barn at N.G.R. SJ 2733 3233 (formerly listed as Barn at the Postings, Fron)

II

Barn. Dated 1740 with minor later alterations. Timber framed with red brick infill on high uncoursed limestone rubble plinth continued to gable ends and back wall; graded slate roof. 2 levels. Square-headed doorways, one to left, 2 to centre and one to right. Rectangular openings on first floor to gable ends and narrow rectangular air vents to back wall. Framing: 2 square panels above girding beam. Interior: framing intact to bay divisions, square and rectangular panels, 4 from cill to tie beam. Loft to 2 right-bays and to left bay supported on chamfered cross beams with heavy joists [floor boards removed at time of resurvey (May 1986)]. Double- purlin roof in 4 bays with 3 queen-strut trusses incorporating several reused timbers. Date "1740" inscribed in both Roman and Arabic numerals to tie beam between second and third bays from left. The remains of the formerly associated farmhouse, known as The Postings, (not included in this list) lie immediately to north-west. The barn forms a prominent feature in the landscape.

Listing NGR: SJ2733232335

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
255744
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].