BROOKHOUSE BRIDGE (THAT PART IN ST MARTIN'S CIVIL PARISH)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054249

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: BROOKHOUSE BRIDGE (THAT PART IN ST MARTIN'S CIVIL PARISH)

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROOKHOUSE BRIDGE (THAT PART IN ST MARTIN'S CIVIL PARISH)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054249 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Apr-2019 at 17:35:03.

Location

Statutory Address: BROOKHOUSE BRIDGE (THAT PART IN ST MARTIN'S CIVIL PARISH)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Martin's

National Grid Reference: SJ 30396 35845

Details

SJ 33 NW; 2/1

ST MARTINS C.P. Brookhouse Bridge (that part in St Martin's C.P.)

II

Bridge. 1795. Roughly coursed sandstone rubble with red brick parapet above ashlar string course. Triple-span segmental arch with facing rings and projecting keystones. Flat string course, coped parapet and square corner piers; two cutwaters on west side. Built in association with the adjacent Ellesmere Canal, later part of the Shropshire Union. Spans the Morlas Brook, which here forms the boundary between St Martin's C.P. and Selattyn and Gobowen C.P. A Blackwall, Historic Bridges of Shropshire (1985), p. 59.

Listing NGR: SJ3039635845

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 255713

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Blackwall, A, Historic Bridges of Shropshire, (1985), 59

End of official listing