SUNDIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054253

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: SUNDIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ST MARTIN, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUNDIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ST MARTIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054253 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 05:39:27.

Location

Statutory Address: SUNDIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ST MARTIN, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Martin's

National Grid Reference: SJ3224736289

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 33 NW 2/8

ST. MARTIN'S C.P. CHURCH LANE (north side) Sundial approx. 10m south of nave of Church of St Martin

GV II

Sundial. 1729 by Thomas Hampson of Wrexham, restored 1778 and 1841. Sandstone. Baluster-like column with moulded plinth and capping on base of 3 circular steps. Top step has inscription "Mr. EDW PHILLIPS & JOHN JONES CHURCHWARDENS 1778 RESTORED 1841." Formerly with brass plate to top. D.H.S. Cranage, The Churches of Shropshire, Part 9 (1908) p.829.

Listing NGR: SJ3224736289

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 255720

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cranage, DHS , An Architectural Account of the Churches of Shropshire, (1908), 829

End of official listing