EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO NORTH-WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST GEORGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054474
Date first listed:
05-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO NORTH-WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO NORTH-WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST GEORGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054474.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2019 at 13:51:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO NORTH-WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Clun
National Grid Reference:
SO 30020 80579

Details

SO 3080-3180 CLUN C.P. CHURCH STREET (South side)

15/93 Edwards Memorial - approximately 5 metres to North-west of North Porch of Church of St George

GV II

Chest tomb. Early to mid-C19. Sandstone ashlar. Chamfered plinth, sunken panels, corner piers with shallow trefoiled-panels, and chamfered top. To Thomas (died 1826) and Sarah (died 1847) Edwards. A good example of the transition from the C18 and early C19 classical chest tombs and the more overtly Gothc mid- and late C19 memorials. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SO3002080579

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
257189
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/14065/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].