CLAPPER FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054599
Date first listed:
22-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
CLAPPER FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLAPPER FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054599 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 22:51:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
CLAPPER FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Norbury
National Grid Reference:
SO 35993 94000

Details

SO 39 SE NORBURY C.P. CLAPPER

7/29 Clapper Farmhouse - and attached farm buildings

- II

Farmhouse and attached ranges of farmbuildings. Early to mid-C19. Farmhouse. Uncoursed limestone and conglomerate rubble, slate roof, rubble- stone ridge stack with brick capping and red brick end stack to right. 2 storeys; irregular fenestration, 3 mid-C19 metal casements with Gothic glazing to first floor, 2 to ground; 2 ledged doors, one to left of each ground floor window; all the ground floor openings have cambered heads (brick except for that above the left hand door which is of stone). Contemporary lean-to to rear with catslide roof. Attached cowhouse to west. Under same roof, replaced with corrugated iron to rear. Stable door under cambered head. King post roof in 2 bays, hayloft over right hand bay. Cowshed to south; roof entirely of corrugated iron, 4 doors under cambered heads, 2 eaves hatches. King post roof in 3 bays with brick partition wall between first and second bays from south; loft for granary in first and third bays, cowstalls in second and third bays from south. Later C19 pigsties and barn(?) on south and east sides of farmyard are not included. The farmhouse and attached ranges of farmbuildings are shown on the 1846 Enclosure Map. Shropshire Record Office: 1282/T/1.

Listing NGR: SO3599394000

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
256874
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11211/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Taylor. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].