FARM BUILDING WITH VEHICLE ENTRANCE ARCH APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF BLODWEL HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054647

Date first listed: 19-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Oct-1987

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDINGS WITH VEHICLE ENTRANCE ARCH APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF BLODWEL HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDING WITH VEHICLE ENTRANCE ARCH APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF BLODWEL HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054647 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 02:19:47.

Location

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDINGS WITH VEHICLE ENTRANCE ARCH APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF BLODWEL HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Llanyblodwel

National Grid Reference: SJ 26164 22813

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 22 SE; 6/50

LLANYBLODWEL C.P., Farm building with vehicle entrance arch approx. 20m north-east of Blodwel Hall

[formerly listed as Summerhouse and gateway at Blodwell (sic) Hall, Llyndys (sic)]

19.01.52

GV

II

Farm building with vehicle entrance arch. Probably mid-C17 with later alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; graded slate roof. Formerly part of a longer range (weatherboarded timber frame) extending to south, the greater part of which was destroyed by fire in late C20. Two levels. Plank door to left on first floor approached by external lateral steps; infilled chamfered 3-light wooden mullion window to left of centre. Section of timber framing above flat wooden lintel of vehicle entrance arch to right has rendered woven infill and two small 4-light wooden mullion windows. Infilled 3-light mullion window to left wall of entrance arch on ground floor. Date stone with superscription "B / IV / 1700" between plank door and infilled mullion window and another superscribed "S:M / 1692" immediately to right of lintel to entrance arch. INTERIOR. Chamfered cross beam and flat heavy joists to left on first floor. Double-purlin roof has one collar and tie-beam truss and one closed queen-strut truss with rendered infill and V-struts from collar. Stone to gable ends. It has been suggested that the building was formerly the gatehouse to Blodwel Hall (q.v.) but this is by no means certain.

Listing NGR: SJ2616422813

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 256598

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing