SPILSHILL COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054714

Date first listed: 25-Jul-1952

Statutory Address: SPILSHILL COURT, FRITTENDEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SPILSHILL COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054714 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 23:02:40.

Location

Statutory Address: SPILSHILL COURT, FRITTENDEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Maidstone (District Authority)

Parish: Staplehurst

National Grid Reference: TQ 79228 43153

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STAPLEHURST FRITTENDEN ROAD TQ 74 SE (North side)

3/94 Spilshill Court 25.7.52 II

House. C17, restored and with additions of late C19 or early C20. Timber framed. Ground floor painted brick in Flemish bond, first floor tile-hung. Plain tile roof. 2 storeys and garret. Gabled. Right gable end close-studded with recessed infilling, and with decorative work to gable. Plain bargeboards and finial to left gable end. Red brick stack towards left end. Multiple red and grey brick ridge stack to left of centre. Two rear stacks to right. Irregular fenestration of 5 leaded windows; one 2-light moulded casement towards left end, one 3-light bracketed oriel in projecting 2-storey rectangular bay with plain bargeboards and pendant to left of stack, one 4-light casement between stack and porch, one C17 ten-light moulded mullioned and transomed oriel window with coved base to porch, and one 3-light casement to right end bay. 2-storey porch towards right end; painted brick on ground floor, tile-hung above, with moulded midrails, wall-plate, tie-beam and collar, plain bargeboards, finial and pendant. Ribbed door in moulded rectangular architrave. 2-storey rear wing to right, close-studded, with higher eaves than main range, their line carried across main-range gable. Further painted brick rear wing behind porch. Interior not inspected. Porch said to have been brought from Aydhurst (since demolished) in c.1906.

Listing NGR: TQ7922843153

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 174561

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing