ROW OF 6 HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 AND 1/2 METRES WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054801
Date first listed:
11-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
ROW OF 6 HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 AND 1/2 METRES WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROW OF 6 HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 AND 1/2 METRES WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 05:08:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROW OF 6 HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 AND 1/2 METRES WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Daventry (District Authority)
Parish:
Braunston
National Grid Reference:
SP 53676 66134

Details

BRAUNSTON HIGH STREET SP5366 (North side) 18/85 Row of 6 headstones approx. 5.5m. W of tower of Church of All Saints

GV II

Row of 6 headstones. Late C17 and early C18. Ironstone and limestone. Left headstone has panel framed by twisted columns surmounted by drapery swags and head. Date 1755. No name legible. Headstone second from left has inscription plaque framed by drapery swags and winged head. Dated 1680. Headstone third from left, has plaque framed by columns and surmounted by leaf scrolls. Dated 1712. Headstone third from right, has oval plaque framed by scrolls and winged cherub's heads. Commemorates William ....... No date legible, but probably early C18. Headstone second from right, has square plaque with moulded frame surmounted by drapery, scrolls, flowers and crossbones. Dated 1673. Headstone to right has square plaque in moulded frame with skull and scrolls. Dated 1694.

Listing NGR: SP5367666134

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
360974
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/02407/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr John Airlie Hunter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].