THE OLD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054851
Date first listed:
18-Jan-1968
Statutory Address:
THE OLD HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054851 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 22:48:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Daventry (District Authority)
Parish:
Everdon
National Grid Reference:
SP 59452 58036

Details

EVERDON SP55NE Little Everdon 8/75 The Old House 18/01/68 GV II House. Dated 1690, part earlier. Coursed squared ironstone with limestone dressings, tile roof with ornamental ridge tiles, brick end stacks on stone bases and stone ridge stack. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic, 3-window range. 6-panel door to right of centre and a straight-joint. Moulded wood surround timber lintel and gabled hood on brackets. 2-light flat-faced stone mullion windows throughout with moulded sills. Gabled dormers over each bay interrupting eaves,with plaque in gable of left dormer inscribed F/WT and datestone in gable of middle dormer inscribed 1690. A stone panel with blank upright raised oval to left of door possibly a blocked window and 2 one-light cellar windows to left with plain stone jambs and lintels. Stone coped gables with kneelers. Stair turret to rear and outbuilding range to rear left converted into office and accommodation. Interior has bar-stop-chamfered spine beam, two open fireplaces with moulded bressumers, a moulded stone fireplace with straight head, 2 eared C18 stone chimneypieces and dog-leg staircase with serpentine splat balusters. Collar truss roof. (Buildings of England: Northants,p. 211).

Listing NGR: SP5945258036

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
360705
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1973), 211

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06653/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael E. Megeary. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].