WALL TO NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT CHAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054859

Date first listed: 12-Feb-1985

Statutory Address: WALL TO NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT CHAD, CHURCH STILE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WALL TO NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT CHAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054859 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Mar-2019 at 14:04:32.

Location

Statutory Address: WALL TO NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT CHAD, CHURCH STILE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Rochdale (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 89632 13143

Details

SD 8913 SE ROCHDALE CHURCH STILE (north-west side)

11/45 Wall to north-west of Church of Saint Chad G.V. II

Wall. Date uncertain. Whitworth stone flags. Approximately 24m by 1m high consisting of 23 vertical stone posts, grooved on either side to accommodate 22 inserted flags. Was discovered partially buried in 1903 and re-erected by Dr Wilson who considered it to be of Anglo-Saxon origin.

Listing NGR: SD8963213143

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 358872

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing