EVERDON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054875

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: EVERDON HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of EVERDON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054875 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 12:18:48.

Location

Statutory Address: EVERDON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry (District Authority)

Parish: Everdon

National Grid Reference: SP 59461 58245

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EVERDON SP55NE Little Everdon 8/72 Everdon Hall - II Country house. c.l820 with additions and extensive remodelling of c.1900. Coursed squared ironstone, some brick, slate roofs, stone end, ridge and internal stacks. Double-depth plan. 3 storeys. Entrance front has central part-glazed door in tall eared moulded stone surround. Stone porch with coupled pilasters innermost and coupled pillars of rectangular section on high plinths with incised capitals. Recessed 3-bay centre, of red brick on ironstone plinth with stone-coped parapet, has 12-pane sash windows to ground and first floors with stone sills and flat-arched heads, and central 6-pane window with flat-arched head to attic storey. Slightly projecting 2-bay wings have similar 12-pane sash-windows to ground and first floors except for tripartite sash window to ground floor of right wing and one 9-pane window to attic storey either side with stone sills and moulded stone lintels probably re-used. Wings of coursed squared ironstone with quoins to level of heads of first floor windows of left wing, and to level of head of ground floor window of right wing, both with stone coped gables with kneelers to outer ends and end stacks with 3 tall stone stacks either side. C20 2-storey brick service wing with hipped tile roof to left. Park front of 2 storeys, has full height canted bay window to left, a central 3-bay full height shallow segmental bay window and gabled wing to right slightly set back with verandah to ground floor; all work of c.1900 and of coursed squared ironstone with limestone dressings. Interior: hall has inner screen of unfluted Roman Doric columns of painted wood, with stone cantilever staircase rising in confined well behind. Fine Edwardian interiors in a rich Georgian manner especially the Billiard Room; Regency style Drawing Room. The Oak Room upstairs has fielded panelling and fitted cupboard with shaped shelves, probably the panelling said to have been removed from the Old House (q.v.) and installed at the Hall. The house was built after 1800 for General Doveton and may incorporate parts of the farmhouse originally on the site.

Listing NGR: SP5946158245

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 360703

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing