HOCKELTON BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055047

Date first listed: 14-Nov-1986

Statutory Address: HOCKELTON BRIDGE, B 4386

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOCKELTON BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055047 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 04:56:39.

Location

Statutory Address: HOCKELTON BRIDGE, B 4386

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Chirbury with Brompton

National Grid Reference: SJ 27361 00257

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHIRBURY C.P. B 4386 SJ 20 SE

4/41 Hockelton Bridge -

- II

Bridge. 1835 by Edward Haycock. Regularly coursed and dressed limestone with rusticated voussoirs continued under arch. Single elliptical arch with 3 slightly projecting keystones; moulded string course and rectangular corner piers. The building contract (for £972) was given to Joseph Stant of Shrewsbury. Spans the River Camlad. Anthony Blackwall, Historic Bridges of Shropshire (1985) pp.67-8.

Listing NGR: SJ2736100257

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 257366

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Blackwall, A, Historic Bridges of Shropshire, (1985), 67-8

End of official listing