ESTATE BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF ATTINGHAM PARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1055096
Date first listed:
17-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
ESTATE BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF ATTINGHAM PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of ESTATE BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF ATTINGHAM PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055096.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 20:01:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
ESTATE BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF ATTINGHAM PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Atcham
National Grid Reference:
SJ 55152 09897

Details

SJ 50 NW ATCHAM C.P. ATTINGHAM PARK

6/32 Estate bridge approximately - 120 metres to south-east of Attingham Park

GV II*

Estate bridge. 1780, by William Hayward. Grey sandstone ashlar. Single round arch with raised architrave and projecting keystone, flanking square piers, and retaining walls curving out to square end-piers with chamfered caps; string course to solid coped parapet. The bridge has also been attributed to Robert Mylne (Shropshire Magazine). The bridge spans the River Tern at the lower end of a lake formed from it in the Park. B.o.E., p.67; Attingham Park, The National Trust 1981, p.33; John L. Hobbs, The Hayward Family of Whitchurch, The Shropshire Magazine, Vol.ll (1960), p.21.



Listing NGR: SJ5515209897

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
259258
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cornforth, J et al, Attingham Park, (1981), 33
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Shropshire, (1958), 67
'The Shropshire Magazine' in The Shropshire Magazine, (1960)
Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 35 Shropshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15254/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Taylor. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].