EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE TO NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055143

Date first listed: 27-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE TO NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT ANDREW

Map

Ordnance survey map of EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE TO NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055143 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 04:37:56.

Location

Statutory Address: EDWARDS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE TO NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Great Ness

National Grid Reference: SJ 39776 19044

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT NESS C.P. GREAT NESS SJ 31 NE 4/119 Edwards memorial approx. - one metre to north-east of chancel of Church of Saint Andrew

GV II

Pedestal tomb. Dated 1820. Grey sandstone ashlar. Square plan. Moulded plinth, recessed panels, and moulded cornice. Concave top to large central urn consisting of scalloped lower parts, fluted band, top part with carved husk garlands, oval patera to west and shield to east, and moulded cornice to domed top. Finial missing at time of survey (January 1987). North side inscribed to Robert Edwards (d. 3 February 1820) and to other members of the Edwards family .

Listing NGR: SJ3977619044

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259183

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing