MILESTONE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH-WEST OF MISTY DAWN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055225
Date first listed:
18-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
MILESTONE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES TO SOUTH-WEST OF MISTY DAWN, A 488, THE WATERWHEEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILESTONE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH-WEST OF MISTY DAWN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 07:27:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
MILESTONE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES TO SOUTH-WEST OF MISTY DAWN, A 488, THE WATERWHEEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Minsterley
National Grid Reference:
SJ3631702256

Details

SJ 30 SE; 11/73

MINSTERLEY C.P., A 488, The Waterwheel (East side)

Milestone 20 metres to South-West of Misty Dawn

II

Milestone. Probably mid-to late C19. White-painted stone with black lettering. Rounded top. Inscribed radially at the top: MINSTERLEY. Inscribed below: 2 / SALOP / 11¼.

This section of the Shrewsbury - Bishops Castle turnpike road was constructed between 1834 and 1838, replacing the old road to the west.

Misty Dawn is not included on this list.

This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28 November 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
258978
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Merry, D T, The History of Minsterley38-9
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Shropshire, (1908), 301

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10867/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M. I. Joachim. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].