FORMER ESTATE OFFICE AND 3 SECTIONS OF ATTACHED WALLS ADJOINING LOTON PARK TO SOUTH EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055247

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: FORMER ESTATE OFFICE AND 3 SECTIONS OF ATTACHED WALLS ADJOINING LOTON PARK TO SOUTH EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER ESTATE OFFICE AND 3 SECTIONS OF ATTACHED WALLS ADJOINING LOTON PARK TO SOUTH EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055247 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 20:08:54.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER ESTATE OFFICE AND 3 SECTIONS OF ATTACHED WALLS ADJOINING LOTON PARK TO SOUTH EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Alberbury with Cardeston

National Grid Reference: SJ 35683 14670

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 3514; 12/27

ALBERBURY WITH ALBERBURY, CARDESTON C.P., Former estate office and three sections of attached walls adjoining Loton Park to south-east

GV

II

Estate office, now disused, and attached walls. Dated 1843, probably by Thomas Jones of Chester; attached gateway dated 1845. Red brick with red sandstone ashlar dressing; plain tile roof. L-plan; Tudor Gothic style. One storey and attic. Chamfered plinth, parapeted gables with chamfered stone coping, moulded kneelers, and obelisk finials at feet and apexes; brick ridge stack with three octagonal shafts. South-west (entrance) front: two gables; 2-window front; chamfered stone mullioned windows with lozenge- pattern cast-iron casements and returned hoodmoulds, 2-light to attic and 3-light to ground floor; central boarded door with chamfered reveals and returned hoodmould; north-west entrance front: three windows; large central gabled dormer with smaller flanking gabled semi-dormers. Short stub of wall adjoining entrance front to right dated 1844 with high chamfered plinth, stone coping, and central gabled break with date-shield in tympanum and large chamfered Tudor arch with pair of nail-studded boarded doors. Section of forecourt wall adjoining estate office to south-west; red sandstone ashlar on coursed rubble base; L-plan; chamfered plinth and chamfered coping, ramped up to square gate pier at left with trefoil-headed panelled sides and gabled top; small gateway to right. Short section of garden wall adjoining to north-west linking estate office to Loton Park (qv); c.1873; red brick with red sandstone ashlar dressings; L-plan; chamfered plinth and chamfered coping with globe finial at corner; tall arch at junction with house; segmental-headed boarded door to right with strap hinges and chamfered reveals. Interior of former estate office not inspected. Thomas Jones carried out a remodelling of and extensions to Loton Park (qv) in c.1830 and c.1838. The estate office forms one side of the forecourt to the house, opposite the stable block (qv).

Listing NGR: SJ3568314670

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 258932

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing