FORMER FONT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES TO EAST OF CHURCH OF SAINT PETERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055319

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: FORMER FONT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES TO EAST OF CHURCH OF SAINT PETERS

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER FONT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES TO EAST OF CHURCH OF SAINT PETERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055319 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 11:44:15.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER FONT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES TO EAST OF CHURCH OF SAINT PETERS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Stoke upon Tern

National Grid Reference: SJ 63844 27988

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STOKE UPON TERN C.P. STOKE UPON TERN SJ 6227-6327 14/107 Former font approx. 14 - metres to east of Church of Saint Peters

GV II

Font, now disused. Possibly C13. Red sandstone. Tapered circular shape. Moulded top. The old font was probably removed to the Churchyard when the Church of Saint Peter (qv) was rebuilt in 1874-5. D.H.S. Cranage, An Architectural Account of the Churches of Shropshire, Part 8, p.728.

Listing NGR: SJ6384427988

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 260264

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cranage, DHS , An Architectural Account of the Churches of Shropshire, (1908), 728

End of official listing