ICE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BUNTINGSDALE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055329

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: ICE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BUNTINGSDALE HALL, TAYLEUR DRIVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ICE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BUNTINGSDALE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055329 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 15:57:30.

Location

Statutory Address: ICE HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 120 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BUNTINGSDALE HALL, TAYLEUR DRIVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Sutton upon Tern

National Grid Reference: SJ 65370 32625

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SUTTON UPON TERN C.P. TAYLEUR DRIVE (North-west SJ 63 SE side) SJ 6537 3262 3/139 Ice house approx.120 - metres to north-west of Buntingsdale Hall

- II

Ice house. Circa 1721, possibly enlarged c.1857. Red brick. 2 separate chambers. The first is square with a brick barrel vault and oculus and the second circular, tapering, and with a domed brick vault. It is entered by a short segmental-arched brick passage leading to the first chamber with a further short passage connecting with the second chamber. At the time of survey (April 1986) the ice house had been exposed to the west by the removal of the earth on that side. The ice house was built to supply Buntings- dale Hall (q.v.) and is especially notable because of its size.

Listing NGR: SJ6537032625

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 260299

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing