LOSTFORD HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055344
Date first listed:
25-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
LOSTFORD HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOSTFORD HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055344 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 21:52:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
LOSTFORD HOUSE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hodnet
National Grid Reference:
SJ 62467 31287

Details

HODNET C.P. LOSTFORD SJ 63 SW 2/74 Lostford House Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Circa 1824. Red brick with some grey sandstone ashlar dressings. Plain tile roof. 3 storeys. Painted ashlar plinth, raised eaves band and dentil brick eaves cornice, returning at ends. Integral brick end stacks with dentil brick bands at base. 1:1:1 bays with central break; 16-pane glazing bar sashes with painted stone cills and lintels. Central first-floor window in gauged-brick round-arched recess. Central door with 8 panels (lower 2 beaded flush and second from top glazed), flanking lozenge-ornamented pilaster strips with reeded caps and impost band, wreathed radial fanlight and painted ashlar Tuscan porch with entablature and blocking course. 2-storey rear wing with integral brick end stack. Interior not inspected. The L-plan range of farmbuildings at rear (not included on this list) is dated: "LM / 1824" which is probably also the date of the farmhouse.

Listing NGR: SJ6246731287

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260228
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08676/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].