THE OLD MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055348
Date first listed:
10-Feb-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
25-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
THE OLD MANOR HOUSE, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055348 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 06:23:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD MANOR HOUSE, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hodnet
National Grid Reference:
SJ 59309 29533

Details

SJ 5829-5929; 11/87

HODNET C.P., SCHOOL LANE (South side), The Old Manor House

(Formerly listed as Nos. 3 and 4)

10.02.59

II

Shown on O.S. map as Nos. 3 and 4. House, latterly divided. Dated 1656 and 1658; restored in the mid- to late-C19. Timber-framed with plastered infill panels. Slate roof. Framing: small square panels (four from sole plate to wall plate) with long straight tension braces. Three framed bays. One storey and attic. Brick ridge stacks off-centre to left and right. Pair of large C17 timber-framed dormers; each has jettied gable with chamfered bressumer (left- hand dated 1656) and shaped brackets, and truss with collar and V-struts; restored C17 four-light moulded wooden mullioned and transomed windows with diamond leaded lights, moulded cills, and gabled tops (the left-hand one dated:

W B 16058

2-window front; C19 four-light wooden mullioned and transomed windows with diamond-leaded lights and gabled tops. Central boarded door. Gable ends have jettied first floors with moulded bressumers and hewn brackets, and tie-beam trusses with two collars, queen struts and V-struts. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SJ5930929533

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260243
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Aug 2007
Reference: IOE01/16789/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lewis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].