FORMER STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING ACTON REYNALD SCHOOL TO NORTH EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055372

Date first listed: 29-Oct-1986

Statutory Address: FORMER STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING ACTON REYNALD SCHOOL TO NORTH EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING ACTON REYNALD SCHOOL TO NORTH EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055372 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 04:18:03.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING ACTON REYNALD SCHOOL TO NORTH EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Moreton Corbet and Lee Brockhurst

National Grid Reference: SJ 53490 23276

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 5223-5323 SHAWBURY C.P. ACTON REYNALD

17/105 Former stable block - adjoining Acton Reynald School to north-east

GV II

Stable block, now schoolbuildings. Dated 1840, possibly by E. Haycock. Tooled grey sandstone ashlar with slate roofs. Square courtyard plan. Neo-Tudor style. One and 2 storeys. Chamfered plinth, moulded string courses, parapet with moulded coping, and parapeted gables with moulded copings and small globe finials. East front: 2:3:2 bays; chamfered stone-mullioned windows with cast-iron lattice casements. Central gatehouse: 3 bays with central gabled break consisting of half-octagonal piers topped by carved horses' heads flanking large continuously-moulded Tudor archway with pair of large 4-panelled doors and with large carved Corbet coat of arms above. Tall central octagonal wooden cupola with lead- sheathed base, louvred round-arched openings with imposts, and ogee lead dome with globe finial and weathervane. Gable ends with first- floor stepped mullioned and transomed windows and small integral stone stacks. Flanking low ranges with pairs of gables and stepped mullioned and transomed windows. South range: 9 windows. 3 gables alternating with large fleurs-de-lys on the parapet. The west end of the north range is canted with a gable. Interior of courtyard: gatehouse with shield dated: "ACV/1840". One storey west range, supported on cast iron columns to front. Formerly open but now enclosed.

Listing NGR: SJ5349023276

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 260100

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing