This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO EAST OF PITCHFORD PARK FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO EAST OF PITCHFORD PARK FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1055533

Location

FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES TO EAST OF PITCHFORD PARK FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Shropshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Pitchford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-May-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 259783

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 50 SW 6/126

PITCHFORD Former coach house approximately 5 metres to east of Pitchford Park Farmhouse

GV II Coach house, now garage and store. Circa 1774, probably by John Gwynn(e) (1713-86) of Shrewsbury. Red brick with red sandstone ashlar dressings; plain tile roof.

One storey and loft. Dentil brick eaves cornice; gabled eaves dormer to east with two-light wooden casement. South front: central blind round arch with stone impost bands and keystone, inserted two-light window, and stone coped pedimented gable above; south front: three segmental-headed openings, boarded over to left with two-leaf boarded door, pair of boarded doors to centre, and corrugated iron to right with two doors; gable end to north with eight brick steps up to segmental-headed boarded loft door flanked by small segmental-headed windows. This coach house is notable for the architectural treatment of its south gable end and the group that it forms with Park Farmhouse (qv),also by Gwynne.

Listing NGR: SJ5190104177

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 35 Shropshire,

National Grid Reference: SJ 51901 04177

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2017 at 02:29:04.

End of official listing