COUND STANK BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055563

Date first listed: 14-May-1986

Statutory Address: COUND STANK BRIDGE, COUNDSTANK

Map

Ordnance survey map of COUND STANK BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055563 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 06:13:19.

Location

Statutory Address: COUND STANK BRIDGE, COUNDSTANK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cound

National Grid Reference: SJ 54793 05446

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COUND C.P. COUNDSTANK SJ 50 NW SJ 5480 0545 3/91 Cound Stank Bridge II

Bridge. Early C18,on the site of an earlier bridge. Red sandstone ashlar. 2 segmental arches with chanelled-rusticated voussoirs; central triangular cutwaters with broach caps, central and end piers rising to moulded cornice and parapet; shaped brackets flanking central pier and supporting cornice; half-H datestones to parapets above central pier, but inscription illegible at time of survey (April 1985); diagonal abutment retaining walls with plat bands and square end piers with pyramidal copings. Southern retaining wall extended probably in C19 in dressed sandstone. The bridge carries the Cross Houses-Pitchford road over the Cound Brook. Cound Stank bridge was first mentioned in 1682. V.C.H., Vol. VIII, p.61.



Listing NGR: SJ5479305446

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259747

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Shropshire, (1908), 61

End of official listing