THE OLD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055639

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055639 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 13:39:49.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Pontesbury

National Grid Reference: SJ 42472 06816

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 40 NW PONTESBURY C.P. PLEALEY

4/226 The Old Farmhouse -

GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Probably C17 with considerable later re-modelling, chiefly of early C19. Red brick probably partly concealing timber frame, pantile roof. Originally roughly L-shaped in plan with a twin-gabled projection to rear forming the short range of the 'L'; 2-bay range to left of front centre gable a later addition of c.1815, when the eaves of the old house were raised and the whole clad in brick. 2 storeys, dentilled eaves cornice; 2:2:2 windows, glazing bar sashes, mainly with segmental heads, those to left and right of Tuscan porch in right-hand bay of C19 addition tripartite; red brick stacks in roof slope of rear gable and behind ridge with end stack to left. Doorway to rear has an early C17 oak door with pointed and scrolled strap hinges. Interior: left-hand ground-floor room has a fine plaster frieze (c.1815) and a Coalbrookdale fireplaces. C17 oak panelling re-used in old part of house. Formerly known as Plealey Farmhouse. V.C.H. VIII (1968), p.255.

Listing NGR: SJ4247206816

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259530

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Shropshire, (1968), 255

End of official listing