OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055667

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055667 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 03:07:29.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Pontesbury

National Grid Reference: SJ3988603543

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 30 SE PONTESBURY C.P. HABBERLEY

7/186 Old Rectory -

GV II

Rectory, now house. Probably early C17 with later additions and alterations, principally of c.1850. Timber framed with painted brick infill on rendered rubblestone plinth, machine tile roof. Hall of 2 1/2 bays with cross-wing of 2 bays projecting to right. One storey and attic; framing: square and rectangular panels, 3 from cill to wall-plate, V-struts from collars to gable ends; scattered fenestration, late C19 and C20 leaded casements in panels of framing, 2 to left and 2 flanking: C20 ledged door in hall and one to each floor on cross-wing, gabled eaves dormer above entrance; prominent red brick ridge stack at right-hand end of hall with subsidiary stack in roof slope to left. Sun insurance plate to gable of cross-wing with position of former door in right-hand return. Probably built by the then rector of Habberley, Thomas Hynks, c.1624. Taller gabled brick addition to rear of c.1850 not of special architectural interest. V.C.H. VIII (1968), p.243.

Listing NGR: SJ3988603543

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259489

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Shropshire, (1968), 243

End of official listing