This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE THREE CHOUGHS HOTEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE THREE CHOUGHS HOTEL

List entry Number: 1055721

Location

THE THREE CHOUGHS HOTEL, 7, HENDFORD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Yeovil

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-May-1974

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 261361

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST5516SNE YEOVIL CP HENDFORD (East side)

8/25 No 7 (The Three Choughs Hotel)

30.5.74

GV II

Hotel, probably always a hostelry C18, refronted in 1845 and altered again later. Ribbon pointed squared local Stone having ashlar quoins to corners, with Welsh slate roof between coped tables, and brick chimney stacks. Entrance elevation of 3-storeys in 7-bays: central doorway (3 steps up, doors modern) slightly recessed in rusticated segmental archway with stone and cast iron balcony over, supported on stone brackets, and C20 portecochere, Plinth now part buried. Ground floor has sash windows of 16 fairly large panes; first floor windows have 12-panes and second floor 9-panes each: all set in simple architraves: the exception is the central lst floor window which has French doors and is surmounted by a flat hood supported by console brackets. Interior not inspected. On prominent corner site; the South Street elevation incorporates a tablet inscribed "C.M. 1724".

Listing NGR: ST5554715917

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 55547 15917

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055721 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2017 at 05:30:14.

End of official listing