DIDDINGTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1055738
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
22-Jul-1976
Statutory Address:
DIDDINGTON HALL, KENILWORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DIDDINGTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055738 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 10:08:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
DIDDINGTON HALL, KENILWORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Solihull (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Hampton in Arden
National Grid Reference:
SP 21484 82539

Details

KENILWORTH ROAD 1. 5108 HAMPTON-IN-ARDEN Diddington Hall (Formerly listed as Diddington Mill, Stone Bridge)

SP 28 SW 15/306 11.11.52. II*

2. Late Cl6, reputedly circa 1580. Red brick dressed with red sandstone, tiled gabled roofs. 2 storeys and attics, symmetrical front with 2 large red projecting tiled gables flanking recessed gable behind narrow projection, also gabled, in centre with ground floor porch. Stone mullioned and transomed casement windows. C19 bargeboards. Round headed porch arch has keystone, stone imposts. Interior: several stone fireplaces with mouldings, C17 staircase with turned balusters, ball finials to moulded newels. VCH, IV, pp 81-2.

Listing NGR: SP2148482539

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
218176
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1947), 81-2

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01452/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Robbins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].