FORMER STABLE ABOUT 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055846

Date first listed: 24-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: FORMER STABLE ABOUT 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCHFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER STABLE ABOUT 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055846 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 08:40:49.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER STABLE ABOUT 25 METRES SOUTH EAST OF THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCHFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Tewin

National Grid Reference: TL 26865 14448

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TEWIN CHURCHFIELD ROAD TL 21 SE (North side) Tewin 5/136 Former Stable about 24.11.66 25m SE of The Old Rectory (formerly listed as Stable [to S.E. of former Rectory]) GV II

Former stables with hay loft, now workshop and storage. Late C17 or early C18. Exposed timber frame with red brick, largely infill. Some weatherboarding. Steeply pitched tiled roof. 3 bays. To road: ground floor brick, first floor boarding. Left gable end has exposed small panel framing of thin scantling, mid rail with upper tension braces, cambered tie beam, struts to collar clasping purlins. Ground floor plank door and a single light small pane casement, first floor 2 light window with a diagonal mullion. Right gable end all boarded. To rear a catslide roof over a boarded and rendered lean-to from right bay. Central double doors with ground floor boarding. First floor 2 loft doors, exposed framing with a tension brace, 2 light window with a diagonal mullion. (RCHM 1910: VCH 1912: Pevsner 1977).

Listing NGR: TL2686514448

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 356246

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, A, The Victoria History of the County of Hertford, (1912)
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Hertfordshire, (1977)
Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Hertfordshire, (1910)

End of official listing