TEWINBURY FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055857
Date first listed:
24-Nov-1966
Statutory Address:
TEWINBURY FARM HOUSE, B1000
Statutory Address:
TEWINBURY FARM HOUSE, HERTFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TEWINBURY FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055857 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 22:47:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
TEWINBURY FARM HOUSE, B1000
Statutory Address:
TEWINBURY FARM HOUSE, HERTFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Tewin
National Grid Reference:
TL 26616 14068

Details

TL 21 SE TEWIN HERTFORD ROAD (B1000) (North side) Tewin 5/138 Tewinbury Farm House 24.11.66 GV II

House. Mid to late C18, altered and re-roofed in C19, extended c.1900. Red brick, part stuccoed. Hipped slate roof with tiles on dairy. 5 bays. 2 storeys. Ground floor: entrances in bays 2 and 4, recessed panelled doors with shaped bracketed hoods. Central C19 canted bay window with 8:16:8 pane sashes, slate head. To left a 3 light small pane casement to right a tripartite sash, both recessed with cambered heads. First floor: central 4 light small pane casement, left similar 3 lights, right tripartite sash, blind openings between, all with cambered heads. Boxed eaves. Cross axial ridge stacks over bays 2 and 4. 3 bay return to right is stuccoed with a ground floor c.1900 flat roofed addition with canted bay windows flanking an entrance. First floor outer tripartite sashes with a small window between, all with cambered heads. To rear 1 bay to left has hipped roof, sashes, blind on first floor, to right lean-to over lower 2 storeys with C20 casements. Attached to left end and set back slightly is dairy outbuilding with a plank door and a 2 light small pane metal casement. Stack on half hipped tiled roof. Weatherboarding in left end gable. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TL2661614068

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
356248
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].