BEIT MEMORIAL ABOUT 25 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055862
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
BEIT MEMORIAL ABOUT 25 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCHFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BEIT MEMORIAL ABOUT 25 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055862 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 17:18:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
BEIT MEMORIAL ABOUT 25 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCHFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Tewin
National Grid Reference:
TL 26772 14250

Details

TEWIN CHURCHFIELD ROAD TL 21 SE (South side) Tewin 5/134 Beit Memorial about - 25m WSW of Church of St. Peter GV II

Tomb. A. Beit of Tewin Water (q.v.), diamond merchant and associate of C. Rhodes, d.1906. Marble. A low wall with squat balustrade around a square enclosure, open at front. Scrolled slab to rear with inscription, base and cornice. Inscribed slab to his wife Lilian added above. Small triangular balusters in enclosure to Sir O. Beit, d.1930 and T.H. Beit, d.1917. The enclosure is backed by tall coniferous trees. Listed for historic interest.

Listing NGR: TL2677214250

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
356244
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06021/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A. Gude. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].