27, SAINT MARYS STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055954
Date first listed:
01-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
27, SAINT MARYS STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 27, SAINT MARYS STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055954 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 07:25:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
27, SAINT MARYS STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Whitchurch Urban
National Grid Reference:
SJ 54218 41640

Details

WHITCHURCH URBAN C.P. SAINT MARY'S STREET SJ 5441 (north-east side) 8/115 No. 27 - GV II

House, now office and flat. Early C19 with some alterations of c.1900. Painted brick with slate roof. 2 storeys and attic. Slightly projecting attic, and pair of c.1900 semi dormers consisting of boxed 16-pane glazing bar sash to left and small-paned 2-light casement to right, each with shaped bases, flanking set-back lights flush with wall, and dentil cornice to Flat top. Central c.1900 brick stack off-ridge to front, integral c.1900 brick end stack behind ridge to left, and integral lateral brick stack to rear. 2-window front; glazing bar sashes with painted stone cills and slightly-segmental heads. Central 4-panelled door with margin- light overlight and wooden doorcase consisting of pilasters with Corinthian-type capitals, and entablature with dentil cornice. The attic storey is possibly an addition of c.1900 (see break forward-). Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SJ5421841640

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260671
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/03394/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Peter Cooke. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].