This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

25, HIGH STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 25, HIGH STREET

List entry Number: 1055984

Location

25, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Shropshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Whitchurch Urban

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-May-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 01-Mar-1988

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 260646

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WHITCHURCH URBAN C.P. HIGH STREET (north-east SJ 5441 side) 8/90 No. 25 (formerly listed 1.5.51 as Lloyd's Bank) GV II

House, now bank. Dated 1753 (rainwater head). Ground floor altered in early C20 and c.1950. Red brick with painted stone dressings. Roof with C20 concrete tiles. 3 storeys. Chamfered quoins, frieze and moulded cornice, and parapet with coping. Integral brick end stacks. 4 bays; glazing bar sashes (first floor with C20 imitations) with painted stone cills and painted stone lintels with rustication and raised keystones with moulded tops. Ground floor of c.1950 with plate-glass window and pair of panelled doors to right. Cast square-section rainwater head to left with festoon and moulded top; cast square section downpipe. The rainwater head downpipe were formerly placed in the centre of the facade (see mark on brickwork). Interior altered in early C20: 2-storey banking hall with frieze and moulded cornice, and central beam with 2 round arches above.

Listing NGR: SJ5416341589

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 54163 41589

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055984 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2017 at 11:52:35.

End of official listing