THE OLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056019
Date first listed:
28-Oct-1960
Statutory Address:
THE OLD HALL, MORETON STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056019 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 21:52:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD HALL, MORETON STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Prees
National Grid Reference:
SJ 55665 33553

Details

PREES C.P. MORETON STREET SJ 5433-5533 (west side) 14/80 The Old Hall - 28.10.60 GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Early C17, partly remodelled c.1762 with later additions and alterations. Timber frame, now rendered to left gable end and replaced by red brick to front; plain and machine tile roofs. L-plan with short range to rear on left and lean-to in angle. 2 storeys and former gable-lit attic with floor band and dentilled eaves cornice to front. Two-window front, 3-light late C19 casements with segmental heads. Entrance in left gable end through 4-panel door with rectangular barred overlight in bracketed open-pedimented doorcase; contemporary round-headed window above. Prominent red brick stack immediately in front of ridge to right of centre with recessed panels and corbelled top said formerly to have had initials "TB" and date"1762". Framing: exposed to right gable end and back wall; close-set vertical posts with long straight tension braces, V-struts from collar and double-purlin ends. Position of infilled mullion windows visible above tie beam and to back wall. Interior: inspection not possible at time of resurvey (January 1986) but apparently much altered on ground floor.

Listing NGR: SJ5566533553

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260538
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Jun 2007
Reference: IOE01/16695/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].