TWO MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES WEST OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST THOMAS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056184
Date first listed:
30-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
TWO MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES WEST OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST THOMAS, CRICKET PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES WEST OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST THOMAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056184 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 12:16:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES WEST OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST THOMAS, CRICKET PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Cricket St. Thomas
National Grid Reference:
ST3727508587

Details

CRICKET ST THOMAS CP ,rJ,t, ST30NE CRICKET PARK

4/13 Two monuments in churchyard, about 3 metres west of porch, church of St Thomas -

GV II

Two chest tombs. C18. (a) Northcote monument about 3 metres west of porch: Chest tomb. C18, Ham stone. Moulded plinth; wave-mould panels to each face, those on flanks having partial centre drop, and with fluted pilasters to flanks, no frieze: moulded coving to hipped top with rounded leading edges, Commemorates John Northcote, died 1738, (b) Unidentified monument, immediately to north of (a) Chest tomb. C18, Ham stone. Moulded plinth; semi-circular arched panels with side pilasters, imposts keystones and dentils, one each end and 2 each flank:, cyma-recta coving to heavy hipped too. Commemorates Thomas , died 1709.

Listing NGR: ST3727508587

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
262141
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/13660/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John H. Sparkes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].