65, 66 AND 67, SOUTH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056302

Date first listed: 15-Feb-1985

Statutory Address: 65, 66 AND 67, SOUTH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 65, 66 AND 67, SOUTH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056302 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 22:31:14.

Location

Statutory Address: 65, 66 AND 67, SOUTH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Milborne Port

National Grid Reference: ST 67809 18554

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST6718 MILBORNE PORT CP SOUTH STREET (East side)

12/188 Nos 65, 66 and 67



GV II

Row of 3 cottages. Dated 1821. Local stone cut and squared; mostly fish-scale clay tiles with overhanging gables. Chimney stacks of several types. Two storeys, 9 bays, of which bay 9 is a mid C20 addition. No 65 of 2 bays, early pattern 2-light casement windows with iron framed opening lights, all leaded, to bay 1; with late C20 glazed door to bay 2, above which is a blind window. No 66 has 3 bays, with 2-light leaded casements, some modified; 6-panel flush door to bay 2, with glazed toplights: above this no windows but a shield-shaped stone plaque dated 1821. No 67 of 4 bays, with 2-light leaded casement windows to all except lower bay 3, which has a 1+3+1 light angled bay window with lead flat roof; upper bay 2 is blind, and below a 6 panel door with glazed toplights under flat timber bracketted hood; garage with boarded doors under concrete lintol to bay 4. Interiors considerably altered. No 65 was a glover's house: No 67 was the village constable's house, the room with the bay window being the former cell (Information from occupants, March 1984).

Listing NGR: ST6780918554

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 261925

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing