This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PRANKERD DOUBLE TOMBSTONES, IN CHURCH YARD 6 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH DOOR, CHURCH OF ST JOHN EVANGELIST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PRANKERD DOUBLE TOMBSTONES, IN CHURCH YARD 6 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH DOOR, CHURCH OF ST JOHN EVANGELIST

List entry Number: 1056313

Location

PRANKERD DOUBLE TOMBSTONES, IN CHURCH YARD 6 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH DOOR, CHURCH OF ST JOHN EVANGELIST, BATHWELL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Milborne Port

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Feb-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 261846

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST6718 MILBORNE PORT CP BATHWELL LANE (East side)

12/110 Prankerd double tombstones, in churchyard 6 metres South South-East of South door, Church of St John Evangelist



GV II

Double tombstones, C18. Ham stone. Two double tombstones at each end of large flagstone, each 1.2 metres long x 750mm high and 100mm thick, with chamfered back edges. East stone has 2 square panels, West stone has shallower rectangular panels flanked by outer floral filasters, with plain central pilasters with fleur-de-lys capitals; double semi-circular arched heads containg angel heads, with outer scrolls and scoll and rose centre pieces; the East a later version of the West. East stone commemorates John Prankerd, died 1759 and Martha died ? 1767. West stone commemorates John and Elizebeth Prankerd, died 1700.

Listing NGR: ST6763918522

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 67639 18522

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056313 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2018 at 11:58:12.

End of official listing